Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Say It Ain't So!



VIBE Magazine 1993-2009.

Damn! I remember my mother used to have them spread out on the coffee table for her guests to read when I was little. Growing up, this was the only magazine I knew of. Mary J. Blige, LL Cool J, Nas, Tupac, and Biggie were people that this magazine introduced to me. I remember when Chris Brown was on the cover for the first time in 2006 I went crazy because I had the biggest crush on him. When Plies was on the cover I gagged, and when Jay-Z was on the cover I put plastic over it and never touched it because it was that special to me. I'm so glad I've kept all of my magazines and now 5, 10 years from now I can re-read all the back issues and feel again how I felt when I first read about Usher, Aaliyah, and Beyonce.

And I always had a dream of being the editor-and-chief! *sigh*

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home