Wednesday, March 03, 2010

dOCS.



Jay-z starring in NY-Z, a documentary based on his performances at Madison Square Garden.

"Me and Jay are really close. You know, Jay is one of those people where ... you can't never [truly stop being starstruck around] Jay-Z. I idolize him for certain aspects and he would be my greatest competition, so if I'm writing a rap, I'm writing a rap to beat Jay."
-Kanye West



A documentary based on the work and life of Jean Michel-Basquiat, a world famous painter associated with Andy Warhol and the first African-American artist to have world acclaim. Basquiat died at the age of 27 from a drug overdose (sound familiar? 27 has been the death age of over 40 artists relating to a drug overdose, including Jimi Hendrix and Kurt Cobain).

"He was one of the people I was truly envious of...but he was too fragile for this world."
-Madonna

I can't wait for both of these films.

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home