Thursday, January 15, 2009

the ballad of a dead soldier



"When I was young, I was quiet, withdrawn. I read a lot. I wrote poetry. I kept a diary. I watched TV all the time. I stayed in front of the television. And I could see all these people out there in this pretend world. And I knew I could be apart of it if I pretended too. The way Arnold looked on Different Strokes, I used to like the lifestyle, the way he used to live. So early on, I just watched and emulated. I thought if I can be an actor and act like those characters, I could have some of their joy. If I could act like I had a big family, I wouldn't feel so lonely."

--Tupac Amaru Shakur


I love Tupac. I mean, how can you not love Tupac? He's the realest person EVER! I was just sitting here watching Tupac Resurrection after watching it for the first time in like 3 years. The Biggie movie is coming out Friday and I know for a fact that it's not gonna have shit on this movie. First off, most of the characters don't look anything like the characters they are portraying. But I still want a better understanding of him and exactly how he died. I think Tupac is one of the best rappers ever, but to be honest I really don't bump to his music like that. I just love him because of his character. It's just like Barack Obama, a lot of people don't even know what he stands for nor why they voted for him. They just know that he's Black, he's humble and he has good morals. It's crazy how shit like that changes everything.


Why did I use a picture of him with Jada Pinkett? Because I always wanted them to be together that's why.


Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home